Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Week 2 and two pounds lighter.

I weighed myself yesterday and I'm two pounds lighter than I was last week. Yay!

I've been thinking a lot about how this is yet another "new beginning" in my life. Even this blog has seen several beginnings the fizzled after a week or two.  I don't know why.  The desires are still there.  Maybe it's life that gets in the way.

Being this heavy has put a damper a lot of the ways I enjoy myself. Going to concerts and going out to take pictures isn't as fun when you're obese. I used to be able to stand in general admission lines for hours and then stand during a concert for hours more and never felt sore or tired or in any pain. I don't know if I'll be able to do that this summer.  And I have tickets to several concerts that are general admission. YIKES!

The first concert is a month and two days from now. If I stay at this exercise/weight loss rate I'll have lost 12-14 pounds by then. While that would be great, I don't know if it will increase my stamina and lessen the pain. I'm tempted to try to sell the ticket but then that's admitting defeat already, right?  We'll see how thing go.

Another block to living my goals seems to be time and energy, both waiting of it and not having enough of it. Being obese makes things more difficult. Even the effort of walking up a flight of stairs, or getting off the couch seem too much sometimes.  Add to that the fact that I didn't know I was suffering from a B12 deficiency, and I think my energy was taking a real beating.  The regular B12 shots are helping with the desire, now I just need to find the time to move and do the things I love.

Having to work two jobs also saps my energy. When I get home from either I just want to sit and do nothing. And if I DO have energy to do something there are so many things like housekeeping, organizing, laundry, keeping in touch with family and friends, watching TV, etc that I must do or would rather do that working out comes last.

So, I'm forcing myself to go out at lunch and walk. I get an hour and if I don't have errands to run I almost always have 30 minutes left with nothing to do. So I'm going to walk.  It's not that bad, really. I put in my earbuds and listen to some music. If I make it four or five times around the building I know that's 20 minutes.

It's a start.

Holy crap.... someone I work with just send me some fruit from Edible Arrangements.

The problem is ... it's from a "Mike" but there are several I work with and both are very nice guys. Hmmmm

It's a great surprise and a nice topper to the day.



No comments: